Thursday, September 13, 2012

You want me to drink how much water???

So, we just scheduled the first ultrasound for September 25th! I was super excited about it, until I was told that I needed to drink 32 oz. of water an hour before and not use the restroom before the appointment.

Seriously???

Maybe that would be no biggie for most people; I don't know. But for me? I have the world's smallest bladder WITHOUT being pregnant.

In fact, I recently went to dinner with two of my close friends, both of whom were about 7 months pregnant. Who used the bathroom first? That's right. Me.

This should be interesting!

However, that being said, we can't wait to see the little heartbeat, which I'm told will look like a flickering pixel. How cool!

As for symptoms, no new ones really, except pregnancy brain perhaps, as I've done/said several silly things lately. But then again, that may be normal for me. Hard to say!

I've also noticed my immune system is down. I caught a cold this week already. Usually I rarely get sick, so that's a bummer. But at least it was short-lived, and I found out I can work from home with my new job in such cases. So it was nice not to have to use up a precious sick day that will soon be needed for maternity leave!

On the plus side, my bloating seems to have stabilized, and my skin has cleared up considerably since getting pregnant, which I love!

In other news, we learned this week that Erich's brother, Matt, missed his calling. He should have been a secret agent. Apparently, when Erich shared the news with him and said to keep it quiet, he thought he should tell NO ONE. Not even his wife, Peggy. So poor Peggy only learned that we were pregnant this last weekend. Whoops! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment