This month I returned to work, and Ella started daycare! Luckily, she only goes a couple days a week and my parents take turns watching her for the rest of the week. Although I love being back at work, I miss Ella terribly! She seems to do great when my parents watch her, but daycare is a bit of a struggle. She has a hard time sleeping on her own and entertaining herself, and the loud noises seem to scare her. I've been visiting her on my lunch break, but the first few days were really rough. It was clear that she had been crying a lot and not getting enough rest. Some days she only sleeps for a total of 30 minutes...in 10 min. increments! Thankfully, she's been doing a bit better the last few times. She started eating more and also sleeping a bit more. All the other babies there are very happy, so hopefully she'll adjust as well!
In other news, since being evicted from our room, Ella has started sleeping through the night! She goes 10-12 hours each night, and has only woken up in the middle of the night 3 times! That definitely makes it easier to wake up in the morning to go to work!
My parents have been working with her to help her learn to sleep on her own during the day as well, and I think my mom may have made the breakthrough! Yesterday, Ella had several long naps on her own, including one that last over 2 hours! Even now, as I write, she is napping by herself. Yay! I'm hoping that will make daycare go a bit better for her.
Miss Ella has been growing like crazy, and is now wearing 6 month size clothes! She's getting better and better with tummy time, and rolls over from front to back fairly often.
She's also quite chatty & has started to laugh out loud.
Her current goal is to learn to sit on her own. We borrowed a Bumbo seat from a friend of mine and tried it out with her yesterday. She seemed a bit freaked out to be sitting in it, and only lasted a few minutes before she started crying.
But we tried it again this morning, and she seemed to enjoy it more.





No comments:
Post a Comment