Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

This year we have many things to be thankful for, not the least of which is our little goldfish. The last few weeks since Thanksgiving have been busy with few changes. Our swimmer has not been flipping around much since the first day I really felt it, but I had an OB appointment on Monday, so I know it's doing well. 150 bpm heart rate, and the last blood test which looked for spina bifida was clean. Yay! The same blood test apparently again looked at down syndrome odds, and it's now just 1 in 12,000, so more good news.

Alas, my immune system continues to be mediocre at best, so my subscription to the "cold of the month club" is going strong. I caught yet another one, minor at least, but it set me coughing which caused me to aggravate the muscle in my rib cage that I pulled during my first pregnancy cold. Not fun. It was worse than before, but slowly started improving, until last night for no apparent reason during Pilates class it got significantly worse. I had to stop my class half an hour early! The OB tells me there's not much I can do besides ice and Tylenol that wouldn't impact the baby, so I'm just putting up with it as best I can and trying to avoid even Tylenol whenever possible. I guess that avoiding morning sickness doesn't mean I get to miss out on all the pregnancy fun!

But at least I can be a bit distracted waiting for the end of the week...This Friday we have an ultrasound in Denver again that will screen for a few more potential genetic problems but will also tell us the gender of the baby! We are very excited to find out what type of goldfish we have; though Erich is convinced it's a boy, and I must admit that with one exception, all of my baby related dreams have involved a baby boy. (Though that may just be power of suggestion! Between my mom hoping for an "Enzo" and Erich, I may be getting brainwashed! lol) Let's hope baby poses so we can see what's going on "down there"!

Alas, we missed Week 19 belly shots since this last weekend was pretty hectic, but here's up through week 18. As you can see, I'm rounding out quite a bit! It seems as though my belly grows daily now...



So what do you think? Will we have a boy or a girl? Take our new baby poll, and let's see who's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment