Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Swim, goldfish, swim!

Last week was a fun one! On Thursday I sat down at work for a few minutes and suddenly felt something move around in my belly! It felt like a little goldfish flipping around in there. Much stronger than the "butterfly wings"/gas feeling I was getting the week or two before. It was awesome to so clearly feel the baby move! It was still wiggling around when I got home, but of course it's still too small for Erich to feel. But I swear when I was lying perfectly still I could see my belly vibrate a little in the area where I felt the goldfish. A bit like water rippling when a fish swims just below the surface. Well, you can guess what the baby's nickname now is... :)


On Friday I visited a school and met the principal there for the first time. Toward the end of our meeting, out of the blue, she asks me, "When are you due?" Apparently, I'm starting to look clearly pregnant now (or else she didn't care if she offended me if I had in fact just eaten more cake lately....) Though there are 3 teachers in her building all due in May, so I suppose she has a trained eye for these things! But then on Saturday I went with a friend to get a pedicure, and the gal working on my toes asked as well!! I'm quite glad to be moving out of the, "Is she fat or pregnant?" stage!
I've also developed full-blown pregnancy brain. I pulled up to the gas station in my car which I've driven for 4 years now, and realized the tank was on the wrong side. Whoops! I'm Polish, blond, and pregnant...something like this was bound to happen...  ;)


Is it my imagination, or do I look thinner in this week's shot? Not so much in this one though:



No comments:

Post a Comment