This week we started thinking more seriously about baby names. Although we had a girl's name picked out long ago (a baby girl will be named after our grandmothers), a boy name is proving challenging.
We downloaded a name app on my phone and perused through over 1000 (!) names and have yet to find anything that really grabs us. There were a few that were possibilities, but most of them were just ho-hum names, or definite NOs!
We're both surprised at how difficult finding a boy name is turning out to be! Picking the right name is a lot of responsibility! We'd hate to saddle the kid with a name that will lead to relentless teasing or be something that's too hard to live up to... (One of the names we promptly rejected in the list of 1000 was "Adonis"... No pressure there, eh??) Hopefully we'll find something we like soon; or perhaps in another 4 weeks we'll find out we don't need to... :)
In other news, we booked our holiday flights this weekend. We'll be going to MN for Christmas, and just after New Years I'll be flying to CA to visit Polina, Max, Ben and new baby Lexi! It should be a lot of fun. And given my steady belly growth, I'm sure by then (about 5 months) I'll be showing quite a bit, which should be entertaining for all.
I also started skimming through a book a friend of mine recommended called Baby Bargains. It helps you make decisions about what products to purchase for baby. There are so many different brands and features in baby gear, it's overwhelming! How am I supposed to know what features I'd like in a stroller? Holy cow, there are a lot of options. I'm sure I will be bugging all you new and recent parents for your recommendations soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment